Is there an essay or memoir chapter you’ve been struggling to complete? Could you use a change of scenery and supportive feedback in a beautiful New England setting? Please consider joining this Word Garden Writing Retreat for women and non-binary creative nonfiction writers from March 10-13, 2023 at Prospect Street Writers House in North Bennington, Vermont. Limited to 7 writers, the retreat will allow for workshop feedback on an essay or memoir chapter, and free time in the afternoons for writing in your own private room or recharging on nearby hiking/cross-country ski trails.
Prospect Street Writers House is a newly renovated, state of the art residence in the heart of North Bennington, Vermont. Visit prospectstreet.org for further information and photos about our living/working space for this restorative weekend.
If you’re interested in joining what is sure to be a small but mighty literary community and have questions, feel free to email me. You can also sign up and then I’ll be in touch for some basic information about you and why you’d like to dig in the Word Garden that weekend, and a 10-15 page writing sample or link to published work, all via email. There is no application fee.
- Meals from Friday dinner through Monday breakfast
- Communal dinners each night
- Friday welcome reception and craft talk
- Morning workshops (Sat./Sun./Mon.) for feedback on an essay or memoir chapter
- Afternoons free
- Evening group readings (Sat. & Sun.)
- Single room with bed, desk/chair, private bathroom/shower
- Communal sitting areas with kitchenettes
- Communal living and dining rooms
- Free parking on premises
- One ADA-accessible room available