Have you written a draft—or two or three—but are still unsure what your essay or book is about exactly? Or why it feels flat or muddled or just not there yet? A developmental edit may be what you need. I’ll read your work and provide margin comments as well as an editorial letter, which we can discuss in more detail in a 20-minute Zoom/phone call for a shorter work or in a 60-minute Zoom/phone call for a book-length work. I will note specific parts of the text that are working/not working; ask questions about what has been said/left unsaid; talk about structure/form; and suggest ways to zero in on what seems to be the heart of what the narrator is wrestling with, or crack it wide open because maybe the narrator is really concerned with something only mentioned in passing at this stage of the drafting. Please note: I will not be doing a line edit. Think of this as an idea edit—a part of the process where you can gain clarity for yourself and then go back in for another round of inspired, more focused writing.
What’s included for a book-length work:
- Free introductory 30-minute Zoom/phone call
- Up to 80,000 words with margin comments (Negotiated rates for longer works)
- 7-10 page editorial letter
- 60-minute follow-up Zoom/phone call
Rates for a single work:
- Up to 3,500 words with margin comments + 1 page editorial letter + 20-minute Zoom/phone call: $200
- 3,501-6,000 words with margin comments + 1 page editorial letter + 20-minute Zoom/phone call: $300
There are no reviews yet.