Do you have the desire to be published, but don’t know how to make it happen? Are you having trouble prioritizing your writing life in the midst of other obligations? Do you need a kind, but firm, coach to keep you on track with your book-length first draft or revision and cheer you on? How might temporary accountability to another person help you form new habits that support your writing aspirations?
I can be the support person you need to make your writing life look the way you want it to look so that you can produce your best work. I want your words, your story, your authentic self to do and be whatever they need to be. This process is for you and about you.
Examples of some of the ways we can collaborate:
- create a range of possible adjustments that will get you in your writing chair on a regular basis
- send work to me according to a schedule*
- work on submission strategies
- find supportive literary communities, residencies, and conferences
- help research MFA programs and put together applications
In general, we will talk, plan, and set goals/touchpoints that hold you accountable to yourself and to the creative work/life you want for yourself. This customized plan will look different for each person
- Initial minimum 4-week commitment: $400, which includes weekly 30-minute Zoom/phone call check-in, in addition to any other touchpoints we establish.
- After the initial 4 weeks, our collaboration may continue at $100/week for as long as you want it. It must, however, be continuous, without stops and starts, which goes against the overall goal of accountability.
- If our steady collaboration ends (on a good note!), but you find you need coaching/accountability with a specific project at some point in the future, please hit me up! If you do not need 4 or more weeks of support, we can work out a shortened time frame then.
*Note: I will not be editing this work. See one of the above options for a manuscript evaluation, developmental edit, or line edit of your work.